2011/08/26

The Pokey Brigade - Part III

Work continues on the Pokey Brigade, but better yet, I finally got around to finishing the bases on my Archers.

I used the Silfor 2-4mm grass tufts on these (late summer/early fall). The bases I did with Charadon Granite, Graveyard Earth and Dheneb Stone over some medium grit sand that Matt gave me (there's your plug... ya jerk).

As to the pokey brigade, I finished their white this week and started on the red.

Here's the command strip. The red really starts to liven up the model when all you've done so far is white and silver.

2011/08/22

The Pokey Brigade - Part II

Didn't manage to get pictures taken last week until last night, so here we are. Not much progress last week, the white basecoat took a lot longer than I thought. It was the command strips that slowed me down.

Hopefully the white highlights will go quicker this week but it already looks like I'll be painting these into September though.

2011/08/12

The Pokey Brigade

I started work on my first four units of Spearmen this week. The silver is basecoated, washed and drybrushed, and the flesh basecoated and washed as well.

I also did the white basecoat on one of the strips while I was waiting for the flesh wash to dry. I ought to be able to get the white and flesh done next week hopefully.

I also worked on the basing for the archers a bit, thoughts? I'm planning to hit these guys with another coat of dullcote and then maybe use some static grass or flock, haven't decided which yet.

2011/08/05

Tiny Archers - Eh, Close Enough...

I managed to finish up the painting on the archers this week and get them on the bases (which are magnetized :)). Soaking the cardboard strips in a little bit of water loosened up the white glue enough so they just pealed off.

I would have started the basing on them last night but the sand I have is a little too fine for 10mm I think. I'm going to see what else I might have laying around before I commit to anything.

Next up are half of my spearmen (spearELVES to be racially considerate...). There's more of them per base but they're armored much heavier than the archers so I'm hoping they'll go quicker with less paint having to be put on them thanks to them being silver already.