The bases are edged, flocked and I stuck some grass tufts on there so this 2k-ish of Dwarves is done.
I plan to work on the 8mm Napoleonics next, but at somepoint I'll have to come back to finish: 3 Warriors, 1 Thunderers, 1 Rangers, 4 Troll Slayers, 1 Cannon, 2 Gyrocopters and a few more characters. Maybe later this year, we'll see how it goes.
I finished the Warmaster Dwarf artillery pieces this week. I also edged a few bases on the entire army as well. My goal for next week is to finish that up and give myself Flock Lung putting the flock on everything. After that, it's on to something else.
I think I'd like to take a quick tangent (I don't know why I call it that, they're never quick) into the world of historicals. Specifically, 8mm Napoleonics courtesy of Perry Miniature's TravelBattle. My original plan was to use these for Command and Colors Napoleonics, but I decided to laser cut some bases so I could use them for other games as well (maybe Lasalle or Blucher). Have I got all the colors in the right place? At 8mm I don't have to worry about buttons and other small details, but there's still a surprising amount of them on there.
I finished drybrushing all the bases for the Warmaster Dwarves this week, just the flock left on all them.
I finished the characters too and got them on their bases.
Finally, I did the base coats for the artillery as well. They still need washes and highlights however, hopefully I'll be able to get to that next week.
Also, I wanted to mention I started using Testors Glosscote and Dullcoate via my airbrush, thinned 1:1 with lacquer thinner. I had been using the cans but they're getting so expensive now I thought I'd try the liquid stuff. I can't tell any difference between the two right now, but it sure does dry super fast via the airbrush. I was able to pick up the artillery in under a minute.
I've been working on the Dwarves that I left unfinished two Novembers ago. The bases are nearly done, just another drybrush and flocking left. The artillery needed a bit more work, the crews are nearly done now with just the leather, wood and small details to go. Once they're done I'll finish the wood and metal on the artillery pieces themselves.
I also had two more heroes that were left half-done. They've been along with the ride with the crew. With these done I'd need to do some more building but I have another dozen or so units planned to bring the army up to 3,000 points.
Finally, I got down to the makerspare the other day to use the laser cutter. I made some bases for a mystery project out of 1.5mm plasticard. I hope to start this one in April.
I finally finished up a
quick tangent that took entirely too long: a Blood Bowl Orc Team. These are the Crooked Eye Cod Crunchaz, arch-rivals of the Southside Codpiecers.
There's a fair bit of detail on these models, which coupled with only painting a couple hours of week lead to working on them for far too long. The decals are custom, with the exception of the numbers and base labels.
I'll do another three Blitzers and Black Orcs at some point, and then maybe some more line-orc subs.
I added some painted dents and scratches to one of the line-orcs, I'm deciding if I want to add it to all of them at this point.
Anyway, planning on basing my Warmaster dwarves next.