A trio a games from this past weekend. Nids vs Marines, IG vs Black Legion and Knights vs Space Wolves.
The blue is nearly done on these guys, just three more missile tanks to go. I'm hoping to finish that and the black up tonight and the detailing over the course of the week. With any luck they'll be done come Friday and I'll be on to some Bacuss sci-fi infantry.
Photographing this dark blue is tough, it always comes out much shinier than in real life. Hopefuly a dullcote will take care of that.
Like I said last week, very little progress on these guys. The mail has been washed and drybrushed silver and I laid down the base for the white on the command stands and one rank-and-file strip. Hopefully I'll be able to return to these guys in early Decemeber to get them done for January.
Here's what I've been working on for the EpiComp, no linking to these from TacComm Matt! They're Microworld Games 6mm Foundationalist grav-tanks. I converted some of the weapons so I could use them as Tau proxies.
I've got to finish up the weapons but after that I'm going to hit them with some selective washing and two to three highlights depending on how they look/how long it takes.
Adam's reservations about fielding a Great Gargant flew out the door when he fielded two of them. My Warlord was to claim one of them and escape heavily damaged, a fact that will inevitably lead to another grudge match. The Orks took this one in points, 1600 to 1450, in the fourth turn.
The next couple of weeks will see few updates as I go into stealth mode for the EpiComp. Here's a sneak peek though. :P
I got the decals on the Bolt Thrower banners this past week but didn't manage to finish up painting them. Aside from that and the grass though these guys are done.
All the Chariots would have needed would have been the grass, however I dropped three of the stands while taking them out for this photoshoot. Not a whole lot of damage (one chariot needed to be reglued and a horse tail needs touch up) but still kind of upsetting.
Nearly done on the chariots. All that's left is to wash and edge the bases, glue everything together and hit it with dullcote to take the glosscote shine away. The horses all ended up getting washed with Devlan Mud, in the end I think the Coat D'arms horse tone paints came out pretty realistic.
All that remains for the Bolt Throwers is to get some banners designed to put on them. I've been trying to finish up the decals for the Silver Helm and Reaver pennants before I print them out though. Find designs for that is a little troublesome.
I also finally based the spearmen too. All they need is another dullcote layer and the grass.
The Subjugators came back from their 10k mega-battle this weekend to find their Ork buildings populated with Orks again. Needless to say, they brought out the bleach and Ork-be-Gone (Flamers). Kind of wished I took a Warlord for this one, just to have fun with Adam's Great. :P
We decided to do a mega-battle this past weekend in lieu of the usual slew of games. Due to the weather (and to a bunch of pusses who didn't want to finish the game) we ended up calling it in the third. The Imperials had a chance to win it 2-0 but when that failed we went to points instead of playing another turn. The loss of the Summon Pumilio had the Chaos side up by 700 points. Truly, there has never been such a decisive victory...