Skip to main content.

Epic Necrons: Third Time's the Charm

Edit Post

So on September 7, Kal told me that I couldn't play my Slaanesh Knights at the Fall In tournament (boo!!!). Rather than take something else I've played previously I thought it would be a good, quick challenge to paint something up in two months time. Enter the Necrons that I've had build since 2011 and that I've tried twice now to finish up. What you see below is some 3,930 points that I've been slogging through these last eight weeks.

Epic Necron Warriors and Immortals Epic Necron Immortals Epic Necron Lord

I originally had plastic Chaos Androids for the Warriors but swapped them out with the old Exodus War Edonites sometime after 2017. So build, primed, and sprayed silver was pretty much my starting point except for the bigger stuff which I based (and I even painted the Destroyer bases!).

Epic Tomb Spyders Epic Necron Destroyers Epic Necron Heavy Destroyers

Progress was going pretty good right up until I got to the Monoliths. I went through four different schemes for these guys (stripping them at one point) before I settled on this one. I think I could have done better if I took some more time on them but honestily I was just looking to get them finished this past week.

Epic Necron Monoliths Epic C'tan, The Deceiver

At this point I have some 36 infantry, 12 vehicles and 7 war engines to finish up. We'll see how much I want to come back to them after Fall In, as I've got more Slaanesh Knights and some 6mm American Civil War looking for paint too.

Go back to main content.