Skip to main content.

And That's What Friends Are For...

Edit Post

Alright, so finally my secret projects revealed!

Warning: If you like any of the following you may be offended by the proceeding pictures and text. You have been warned.

  • Blood Bowl
  • Squats
  • The New England Patriots

So... this gag gift needs some background I guess. I have this friend named Chris. Chris hates Blood Bowl. In fact, most of our gaming group agrees that Blood Bowl is stupid. With that being the case I decided that a Blood Bowl themed gift would really be in the "spirit" of the season. But, I couldn't just get him a Blood Bowl team. He's already got all these Epic miniatures that would be utterly useless for it. The solution? Epic-scaled Blood Bowl!

Epic Blood Bowl

Now, my friend Chris, he also hates Squats (see the pattern here?). So, it goes without saying that the two teams for his Epic-scaled Blood Bowl field would have to be Squats. But, what colors to paint them? I was at a loss until Matt (Chris and my mutual friend) mentioned that Chris, being a Patriots fan, hates the NY Jets and the Indianapolis Colts just about as much as he hates Squats and Blood Bowl.

So, of course I painted him a Squat team in the colors of the NY Jets...

NY Jet Squats

And the Indianapolis Colts...

Indianapolis Colt Squats

Now granted, I'm a jackass (if you didn't know that already perhaps this post will have enlightened you to this fact) but I'm not so big of a jackass that this "gift of gifts" would be my only present to my buddy. So, begrudgingly, I also painted him up some "Spikey Bikes" in the colors of his Iron Warriors army.

Chaos Bikers Chaos Bikers

Complete with yellow stripes I might add...

Chaos Biker Stand

The presentation of the gifts ended up being this past Saturday, and let me say that Chris was speechless... Mere words just could not express his feelings... :P

In other news, I've continued on with my other gag gift for the season: the penguins. Their bellies are done. I'll be painting their tuxes tonight.

Penguins
Go back to main content.